Most of the time, you will work in a small agile team along with the client(s), a product strategist, and a designer. You will typically focus on one project at a time. You will lead your project team to make and implement thoughtful technology decisions that support a great user experience and the client's objectives.
Usual activities include:
- Evaluate and select appropriate tools and technologies for projects
- Determine and implement appropriate automated testing solutions given the constraints of a project
- Actively participate in the research and design of new applications
- Setup and manage deployment environments (generally on Heroku, sometimes VPS)
- Deliver working code that exceeds the expectations of the team
- Iterate, iterate, iterate
- Support colleagues through code review and pairing
What we're looking for
- Proficiency building modern web applications and using Git
- Versatility across the full stack
- Strong awareness of the user experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Insatiable desire to become a better developer
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
What we value
There is no “us” vs. “them." We are on the client’s team and vice versa. We teach them about good design and development and they teach us about their industry and customers. We rally around a shared goal and measure our success by theirs. Adopt the idea that if the project fails, it is your responsibility.
People Before Pixels
We make things for humans. Behind every business plan, software application, or digital art piece is a human motivation that we aim to satisfy. If you don't know what it is, talk to people. Always ask "why?"
Thought is cheap. Talk is cheap. Sketch files and localhost are cheap. We measure progress by what we put into the world and what we learn from doing so. Make small bets and test them outside of the building.
Make It Better
Creating great digital experiences is an iterative process. Our basic project approach is: Think. Make. Validate. Make it better. But what makes us better at making things better? Simple: we make ourselves better. We're constantly pushing the limits of our own knowledge and working to improve our skills and process.
- Full health benefits, including vision, dental, and long term disability
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401(k) program
- Work sustainable hours in an environment that respects a healthy work/life balance
- Strong cultural emphasis on continual improvement, including individual education budgets, team training, and mentorship
- Attend local and national tech conferences as a team
- Contribute to open source software